Kubernetes Hands-On Workshop
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Sheraton hotel, Tel Aviv
Led by Marcin Wielgus, Senior Software Engineer from Google,
who has been working on the Kubernetes project for the last 1.5 year.
This is a comprehensive, engineer led course that covers fundamental concepts and architecture of Kubernetes as well as basic use-case scenarios with hands-on examples.
Audience: Anyone, limited to 20 people.
- Kubernetes architecture.
- Detailed explanation of most important Kubernetes API objects and how they relate to each other.
- Kubernetes command line and web interfaces.
- Deploying, scaling and upgrading of a stateless web application.
- Working with persistent volumes and database deployment.
- Cluster health monitoring. Autoscaling. Kubernetes internals.
- Participants must have an active Google Cloud Platform account with all permissions needed to create and manage resources. Please make sure that the account is verified and you are able to create a Virtual Machine (https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/quickstart-linux). Do not use a company account. GCP trial can be requested here: https://console.cloud.google.com/freetrial.
- Participants must have at least basic knowledge of Linux command line and Docker.
- Participants must have a laptop with modern Internet browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Google Cloud Platform web interface works best with Chrome.